Meet the 2019 GAMIC Finalists
Twelve startups from seven states and five countries have been selected as this year’s finals for the 11th annual GAMIC competition. Click here for a copy of the SAE/GAMIC press release.
The finalists are:
- Bedestrian: Bedestrian is a last mile delivery company utilizing a driverless vehicle system consisting of a pilot vehicle and a modular trailer for indoor and outdoor (Urban) delivery. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Bmmpr: The Smart Alarm for Cars. Notifications in around 6 seconds if something’s disturbed your vehicle. San Marcos, CA.
- Energsoft: Energsoft is a software analytics platform for batteries and energy storage. We help OEM’s and energy storage manufacturing find defects, understand performance and select the best batteries for products. Seattle, WA.
- Enviro Clean Diesel: The Diesel Particulate Removal System (DPRS) utilizes a unique plasma-emitting probe installed into a diesel exhaust pipe which vaporizes particulate matter. Benefits: Improved fuel efficiency and reduced downtime. No regeneration cycle or diesel exhaust fluid needed. Less soot and NOx. St. Louis, MO.
- GBatteries: GBatteries’ technology enables li-ion batteries to charge ultra-fast while retaining long cycle life. ActiveBMS is a charging protocol that significantly improves battery performance without altering its chemistry or manufacturing process. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Joyride: Joyride is a global micromobility platform that helps cities reduce their carbon footprint by enabling sustainable transportation. Joyride allows local operators launch a fleet of bikes or scooters anywhere in the world. Toronto, Canada.
- Orbitless Drives: ORBITLESS is a patented, novel low loss gearbox platform enabling ultra-low noise, super high-efficiency gear-heads ideally suited for electric motor applications. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- S3D Precision Dispensing: S3D creates specialty print heads and compound ink formulas that enable the manufacturing of flexible, embedded sensors, actuators, and electronics onto contoured and textured surfaces. S3D provides the enabling technology for next generation electronics. Ann Arbor, MI
- SafeMode Tech: SafeMode’s cloud-based solution enhances fleets’ safety and efficiency by shifting the focus to the drivers. Tel Aviv, Israel.
- VectorZero: VectorZero builds interactive road modeling and traffic simulation software. Our main product, RoadRunner, significantly speeds the creation of detailed road networks for simulation and testing. San Diego, CA.
- Voxel51: Find the signal in the noise of your camera sensor data using our automotive grade computer vision platform. Ann Arbor, MI.
- WaveSense: WaveSense enables the safest and most reliable navigation for self-driving vehicles by creating and tracking against subterranean maps of our roadways using ground-penetrating radar. Somerville, MA.